Join The Conversation...
I am in love with everyones growing concern for health and wellness throughout the world. If you want satisfaction guaranteed with your wellness goals then eating your vegetables should be on top of your to-eat list!
Yes, your parents won at the end, everyone is becoming vegetarian and vegan all around you.
A friend asked me to make a meal using what she had in her fridge. I am a man of food and I am also a vegetarian transitioning into a vegan. She knew she could trust me since I have cooked for her before.
Here is a quick meal to make for you soon-to-be vegetarians and vegans out there!
Ingredients needed as seen in pictures below: Avocado, sweet onion, red or yellow potatoes, parsley, black beans, brown rice, garlic cloves.
Please note: (actual amount depends on your appetite or the amount of individuals you’ll be serving!)
- red or yellow potatoes, about 4 (no specific amount of potatoes necessary.)
- sweet onion, 1/4 (Onion is not necessary but it does add flavor!)
- brown rice, 1 cup
- olive oil, or almond oil, desired amount
- black beans, 1/2 cup
- pinch of parsley
- 1garlic clove, or 1/2
- avocado, 1/4
1. Boil the brown rice (add additional seasoning as desired)
Boil the black beans (add additional seasoning as desired)
2. Slice potatoes into thin slices, and dice them (think hash brown slices – large or small)
1/2 or 1 garlic clove: Dice or mince
1/4 onion: Dice or mince
A pinch or piece of parsley: Dice or mince
1/4 avocado: slice into chunks
3. lightly oil non stick pan
4. Set stove to medium-high (Gauge your stove, should be high enough to fry and not burn)
5. Once rice and beans is done, throw them all into the pan and stir for 5 minutes til brown
6. Have your plate and utensils ready and enjoy!
I am not a fan of avocado, but my friend likes it, and added it. If you need some extra flavors or healthy herbs/roots to add – I suggest turmeric, red pepper, black pepper, cumin, and curry. These will change the flavor but the additional effects of them are definitely a bonus, so I would add them with the beans and with the rice while they boil.